Hyperion™ Air Handler
An advanced solution for your energy efficiency and comfort
The Hyperion air handler is built unlike anything the market has ever seen. It is constructed more like a refrigerator than a typical air handler, with insulation between the walls of the innovative Air-Tite™ II cabinet. This insulation prevents condensation that may cause damage to the air handler itself or a consumer’s home. In addition to eliminating “sweating,” the cabinet also eliminates the loose fibers from fiberglass insulation that may enter the airstream with other air handlers. Hyperion’s exclusive double-wall construction provides families with peace of mind and cleaner, safer indoor air.
Trane Hyperion™ Air Handler Features
The all-aluminum coil found in this new line of air handlers is exponentially more durable than standard copper coils, which are susceptible to formicary corrosion. This ensures families stay comfortable indoors all year long, no matter what the weather outside.
The double-walled, Air-Tite II cabinet eliminates the need for exposed insulation and helps prevent energy loss with the use of airtight plugs instead of conventional knockouts. This reduces the unit’s carbon footprint and provides a cleaner environment.
Thanks to the exclusive Trane Vortica™ Blower, the new Hyperion air handler provides business owners with reliable, ultra-quiet operation, so they can hear each other instead of the heating and cooling system.
Better, cleaner air
Add Trane CleanEffects™ to your system for advanced air filtration that removes more dust, pollen and other irritants from conditioned air for a cleaner, healthier, more comfortable home
Hyperion™ Air Handler Specifies
Every Trane Air Handler is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your unit will provide total comfort your businesscan rely on. The Hyperion includes:
- Air-Tite™ II Cabinet.
- Fully enclosed insulation (no loose fibers).
- All-aluminum coil.
- Vortica™ Blower for quiet, efficient operation.
- Modular design.
- Electronic expansion valve metering device that is 400% more reliable than a standard expansion valve.
- Quick-turn fasteners help to virtually eliminate air loss.
- “No leak” drain pan made from rust-resistant composites and built with a gradual slope.
- Heating options for either hydronic or electric heat.
- Corrosion-resistant finish.
- ComfortLink™ communicating technology.
- Highly efficient variable-speed technology.
Hyperion™ Limited Warranty Details
Registered Limited Warranty terms are available if the product is registered within 60 days of installation. Product registration can be completed either online at Trane.com or by calling 800-554-6413. Ask your dealer for full warranty information at time of purchase. Warranties are for residential use only, some exclusions may apply. Trane’s Registered Limited Warranty terms include:
- The base limited warranty terms for the Hyperion XL and XR air handlers are 1 year functional parts, or 10 year functional parts with product registration.
- The base limited warranty terms for Hyperion XB air handlers are 1 year functional parts, or 5 year functional parts with product registration.
- If installed concurrently with a Trane outdoor unit and thermostat, the Registered Limited Warranty terms of the Hyperion air handler will match the Registered Limited Warranty terms of the outdoor unit.
- Optional Extended Warranties are available.
As part of our continuous product improvement, Trane reserves the right to change specifications and design without notice. Read important energy cost and efficiency information available from your dealer.